Kwoomac

Heavenly Hydrangeas: A Practical Guide for the Home Gardener
Joan Harrison
The Uninvited Guests
Sadie Jones
More Than This - Patrick Ness I love Patrick Ness. This is typically what it feels like: His mind isn't clear. It races and throbs like the worst kind of fever, and he is unaware of even thinking. It's more some kind of wild, dying instinct, a terror of what's to come, a horror of what's happened." While these are Ness's words describing one of his characters, to me, he was describing how I feel when I read one of his books. Chewed up and spit out. One goodreader calls it "Nessochism." Forgive me for not crediting whomever thought of it, but I couldn't find the review when I looked for it. Nessochism is the perfect word-it hurts but you enjoy it.

I'm not quite sure how to describe the book without spoiling things. It reminded me of "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". I love that movie, but sometimes it made my head hurt-wait a minute, where are we? When is this happening? It also reminded me of the movie "Wristcutters: A Love Story" . Terrible title, great movie in a whacked out kind of way. Tom Waits is in it, enough said. So, this story takes place in a kind of limbo where you don't know what 's real and what's imagined.

I have to admit, I didn't love Seth. I found him to be a bit too self-involved and whiny. The other characters, Regine and Tomasz, were far more endearing. Until they entered the picture, not until p. 167, I was getting a little bored. But then we meet Regine and Tomasz. I dare you to read this and not fall a little in love with Tomasz.

I was really happy with the ending. I thought Ness handled it perfectly.