Kwoomac

Heavenly Hydrangeas: A Practical Guide for the Home Gardener
Joan Harrison
The Uninvited Guests
Sadie Jones
Concierge Confidential: The Secrets of Serving Champagne Bitches and Caviar Queens - Michael Fazio, Michael Malice This is a true story (possibly embellished for entertainment purposes) about the concierge business, in NYC.This book takes place in an alternate universe, as far as I'm concerned. I'm neither rich nor do I want to please rich people. The author's whole world revolves around the whims and desires of the super-rich people he serves. Actually, he doesn't believe he serves them, he looks at their relationship as more of a business contract. He sees himself as their equal, someone who has a product (himself) they need. I guess this is how he can enjoy what to me would be not-so-much-fun.

He doesn't come across as particularly likable, but when I googled him after reading the book, he seems like a nice guy. I am confused because there are a few real people in the book, whom he does not refer to kindly. I would think (and again, I know very little about the super-rich) that it is bad form to say anything negative about anyone, when you're trying to do business with people in that world. Confidentiality and you can trust me and all that. But what do I know.