Kwoomac

Heavenly Hydrangeas: A Practical Guide for the Home Gardener
Joan Harrison
The Uninvited Guests
Sadie Jones
Zombicorns (Zombicorns, #1) - John Green Very cool although you should know this is not a story about Zombie unicorns. It's more about the cornification of all arable land. People become zombies when they eat a cetain type of corn. That's what we get for trying to manipulate nature. And I agree with the author here, enough with all the corn. Although I'm sure it constitutes like 80% of my diet. mmmmm, corn chips.

So, here's a post-apocalypse tale of a teenage girl who struggles with her conscience about killing the undead. I like that Green is able to create beautiful moments even as his characters are razing zombies.In trying to explain to her friend caroline why she doesn't enjoy killing the zombies, Mia repeats a story her father told her about a soldier named Schultz in WWII who took a stand against the Nazis, and he ended up getting killed along with the prisoners-of-war the Nazis were planning on executing. Her father had a difference of opinion about Schultz with a friend of his in a bar. "I told him they built a statue of Schultz, and then he said that a monument is cold comfort to a dead man, and then I said that the statue was built not for Schultz, but for us--to remind us how to be human."

I connected to both Mia and Caroline and could really feel their pain. They looked at the zombies so very differently.Mia struggled with the morality of what they're doing. caroline sees it as her responsibilty to take out as many of them as she can, even if she dies in the process. Ultimately Caroline was truer to her beliefs while Mia loses her struggle to maintain her humanity. That's what zombies can do to you.