Kwoomac

Heavenly Hydrangeas: A Practical Guide for the Home Gardener
Joan Harrison
The Uninvited Guests
Sadie Jones
A Midsummer Night's Dream - William Shakespeare A Midsummer Night's Dream is a light romp through the faery woods. It's a story filled with humor and imagination. It was a lot of fun to read. I loved the play within a play and had a soft spot for the bumbling actors. Pure silliness. My only discomfort came from Helena, that girl needs a major smack upside the head dose of self-esteem. Demetrius has told her he does not, cannot love her. Her response is, "And even for that do I love you the more. I am your spaniel; and Demetrius, the more you beat me, I will fawn on you. Use me but as your spaniel, spurn me, strike me, neglect me, lose me; only give me leave, unworthy as I am, to follow you. What worser* place can I beg in your love- And yet a place of high respect with me- than to be used as you use your dog?" Yikes, girl !!!!!

* I love using this word in the comparative. Glad to see Shakespeare does too. Good company.